In a short time you should be able to notice less itching and less irritations. Already after repeating tampon application 2 or 3 times you should observe recovery. To do such treatment at home all you need to have is a tampon and a good quality, raw apple cider vinegar and a bit of water.
- Mix the same amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Put a tampon into the mixture, let it soak correctly, later put a tampon in the vagina and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When it is over you need to remove tampon and clean affected area with warm water.
- Dry it precisely with a clean cotton towel; remember that if this area will stay wet it can improve growth of yeast infection.
When you are using apple cider vinegar soaked tampon you should remember about few things.
- It is not good to leave tampon inside the vagina for a long time, as it can help growth of yeast causing the infection.
- If you feel not comfortable or you have a feeling that using such tampon is too strong you can play around with the amount or concentration of apple cider vinegar that you are using.
- If you are using any creams, like clotrimazole or other vaginal medications, you cannot use a tampon method at the same time.
- It is not recommended to use a tampon method when you are or you might be pregnant.
- Only fragrance free tampons should be used for this treatment.
Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Solutions
It is in general good and healthy to consume apple cider vinegar in different products. When you drink it regularly it should reduce the possibility of yeast infection in a future as well. It can help you to control and keep the pH balance of your body every day. It is very simply to prepare.
- All you need to do is mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in one glass of fresh water. Stir it correctly.
- Drink a solution 3 times per day.
Of course you can consume apple cider vinegar in a several various ways. If you like you can mix apple cider vinegar together with some fresh fruit or vegetable juice. You could also try to use apple cider vinegar to pickle fruits and vegetables as well.
Than such fruits or vegetables you can eat as often as you wish. You could use it to prepare salads; it will be great ingredient in coleslaw for instance. Apple cider vinegar can be added into the salad dressing, but it can also be poured on baked potatoes or some vegetables to your daily meals.
When you use it often apple cider vinegar will for sure prevent yeast infection spreading all over your organism.
Apple Cider Vinegar Spray
There is also another, maybe even better method for using apple cider vinegar. When you have some yeast infections do not hesitate to use apple cider vinegar spray to treat infection. You will surely relief from the annoying itchiness. However method with apple cider vinegar spray is the best for a mild type of yeast infection, more serious infections need to be treated with more harsh methods.
To prepare such spray you need to have an apple cider vinegar, fresh water and clean spray bottle. Such small plastic bottle can be bought in a drugstore.
- Add an apple cider vinegar into the water.
- Prepare spray bottle and pour the mixture inside.
- Simply spray apple cider vinegar spray on the infected vagina areas.
- Let it dry completely.
- And repeat spraying as many times as you want or feel it is still necessary.
Already after few spraying processes you should see and feel the difference.
Apple Cider Vinegar Soak
In place of spraying method you could also try to use apple cider vinegar infusion. The same as with the spraying solution, apple cider vinegar soak should only be used to treat quite mild yeast infections.
Apple cider vinegar soak will prevent yeast growth in your vagina by control a proper ph levels. All you need to prepare to make an apple cider vinegar soak is a good quality apple cider vinegar, fresh water and a wash cloth (cotton would be the best).
- Add the apple cider vinegar in to the water.
- Soak clean wash cloth into the water mixture.
- Remove an excess from cloth and place it gentle on the vagina areas.
- Leave it there for about 15 minutes. You could wait a bit longer if you feel that is necessary.
- Remove the cloth and wait until vagina area will get dry completely.
- Such soaking/ infusion process can be repeated once or twice a day, up to you.
This treatment however will not be enough for a severe yeast infection; it should be done only for a mild, just starting yeast infection.
As you can see vaginal infections are not so easy to cure. It can be very stubborn; it can take a lot of time to get rid of yeast infection. It can also come back many times and you need to start therapy again.